Laura Nicosia, who I follow on Twitter and elsewhere, has tagged me for this fun little meme that has been winding its way around the web. Many of the bloggers I keep up with daily have shared seven things about themselves as well, and I’m enjoying learning more about the people I’ve come to rely upon so much over the last year.
So, here we go with the rules:
- Link your original tagger and list these rules on your blog.
- Share 7 facts about yourself in the post–some random, some weird
- Tag 7 people at the end of your post
- Let them know they’ve been tagged
Seven things you may not know about me:
1. I love photography. I don’t invest nearly enough time in this particular passion of mine, but whenever I travel anywhere, I’m less concerned with food and drink and souveniers than I am with capturing interesting images with my camera. I also prefer photos over text and love the varied ways in which people from all walks of life use them in their work.
2. I prefer the way trees look in winter. Stripped of their leaves, trees exude the same sort of beauty that people do as they age. You may have to engage in a closer study in order to notice it, but every line, branch, and wispy tendril is gorgeous. Have you watched the sun set behind a row of trees in January? It’s a beautiful thing.
3. The first leadership role I ever held was founder of the local chapter of the John Stamos fan club in sixth grade. I tried to start one for this guy too, but I couldn’t drum up enough interest and sadly, it unraveled. I also wore leg warmers over my jeans, friendship pins on my sneakers, and a lot of blue eyeshadow. In those days, my favorite possession was my butane curling iron. And then Sheena Easton and Demi Moore went and wrecked the big hair trend and life as I knew it was over.
4.The teacher who inspired me to go into the field is someone who continues to inspire me today.
5. I used to love running. And according to the scale, I need to rediscover that passion. Um, like………yesterday.
6. I am one of the six, and I do advocacy work for survivors and the organizations that support them. Count the kids that sit in your classroom each day. Do the math. Act.
7. When I grow up, I hope to be just like my daughters.
I’m tagging the seven people below, but if you’re reading, feel free to jump into the mix as well. Let me know if you do, and I’ll link to you.
Mike Fisher, Kate Ellis, Crista Anderson, Andrea Hernandez, Dana Huff, my daughter Laura, and Jenn Borgioli.
Finally answered, Angela. Thanks for tagging me. Got me thinking about a bunch of stuff!
Put it on my personal blog: http://divasbugg.blogspot.com/
Pingback: Finally…my 7 Things You May Not Know About Me Meme « Reflection on Practice