Many of the conversations that are taking place there have been taking place within the face-to-face communities that I’m a part of as well. So what are you waiting for? Head over there now. Meet some new people, get some new ideas, and share what you’re up to with those who care about it just as much.
Here are a few stops to consider along the way:
- Jim Burke started a group focused on the teaching of writing.
- Jo McLeay is hosting one on using blogs and wikis in the English classroom.
- There is a lot of activity in the new teachers’ group.
- Middle School ELA folks are chatting here.
- Department chairs are meeting here.
- AP teachers are collaborating in this space.
- I’ve started a group for professional development providers and literacy coaches here as well.
I’m thrilled to see this new community forming, as I’ve learned so much from Jim Burke’s work over the years. The place is bustling with activity already. Can’t wait to see how it grows.