How are you celebrating National Poetry Month?
- Bud Hunt is publishing a photograph a day on his blog as a means of prompting poets, and if you haven’t visited the comments section to see what has transpired as a result, I highly recommend.
- The New York Times invites readers to celebrate poetry with them in 11 different ways.
- New and timid poets often begin by mimicking the work of their favorite poets or by using provided forms. They might enjoy playing with Instant Poetry.
- Former Poet Laureate Robert Pinsky founded the Favorite Poem Project, where Americans read and speak about the poems that mean the most to them.
- You can keep up with 30 different poets (one a day!) this April at GottaBook.
- And Alden, NY teacher Rob Currin recently launched the Global Poetry Project ning, a place where writers ages 13 and up can share their work and seek validation.