Here’s a quick last call before the doors close on a few of my professional learning opportunities in June. Click on the links below to learn more about each one. I’ll let everyone know when things open for July and August, too!
Important details about pricing:
- Individual, self-paying teachers who choose the asynchronous option when they register and pay in full for my Multimodal Composition course below (which is $100), will receive a free upgrade to join me for weekly debriefs at no additional cost. You will also receive all of the materials I’m sharing in the second course–Planning Camp.
- If you are self-paying and want to take the Multimodal Composition course but can’t afford the fee, message me. I’m using a pay-what-you-can fee structure for teachers who register for this course this summer only.
- Planning Camp is $30, and it includes two opportunities to meet with me each week and receive feedback and support in your own planning. You do not have to do this, but it is an option. There are also three different pathways for participation.
- My Make Writing Summer Studio sessions at Daemen College are free for three elementary and three secondary teachers to attend. I keep these group sizes small for writers and teachers to ensure the quality of the experience. Registration should open shortly, and I will link it to this page and announce elsewhere soon.
- If you visit the links below, you will see options for site licenses. If you are an administrator who would like to offer access to your entire organization, you may do so by selecting that option. Contact me for more information. I’m happy to help.
Make Writing: Multimodal Composition Up Close and Across the Distance:
This is a virtual, asynchronous and self-paced six module course. You may upgrade to join me during weekly virtual debriefs with if you choose. Access it anytime, pause your learning if you need to, return to it as you wish, and jump into a debrief with me during any cycle this summer, regardless of when you register. New ones begin the weeks of June 1, July 12, and August 23rd.
Make Writing: Planning Camp
Come create a vision for your make writing workshop or studio, plan your year, a unit or two or more, or your lessons. This four module virtual course may be experienced in one of three ways:
- Format One: All modules will be video recorded for asynchronous, self-paced viewing.
- Format Two: All modules will also be audio recorded, so that you may listen to them as you engage in your own design work or other screen-free activities.
- Format Three: All participants will be welcome to join me on Zoom on June 1, 8. 15, and 22, 2021 for open office hours as well. Meetings will take place from 7:30-8:30 am EST and 4:30-5:30 EST every Tuesday morning and afternoon. Come to one or both! You will receive more information and the link to my room after registering.
I imagine many registering and doing a tiny bit of planning with me this summer but then, returning and really working through this course as they plan throughout next year.
Make Writing Summer Studio Sessions at Daemen College in Amherst, New York
This is an opportunity for you to see what these theories look like in practice, design curricula of your own, play with pedagogical documentation, and consider assessment and grading. Sessions will run the week of August 16th on campus at Daemen College in Amherst, New York. Elementary groups will meet from 9:00 am until noon. Secondary groups meet from 1-4pm. Teachers are invited to arrive an hour early to prepare for each daily lesson study and our documentation work.
If I can tell you more about any of these opportunities, please let me know. I’d love to summer with you!